Real estate in France is different.
Our mission is to find you the perfect Parisian property by helping you navigate the very unique French real estate market, its customs, language and legal process.
The Language Barrier
Getting around town is already a major achievement! Reading legal documents is quite another. Avoid the loss in translation of crucial details of your real estate transaction by working with your own personal dedicated property search consultant, from our experienced Anglophone team.
Every quarter has its secrets-- and pitfalls. Give yourself an edge over the average buyer. Our team has been living and working in all areas of this beautiful old city, which are constantly evolving. Avail yourself of our vast knowledge and resources.
A Stress-Free Transaction
Our goal is that from start to finish, you feel confident in your investment and your dream. From previewing properties to understanding inspection reports, from transferring currency at the best possible rates to getting your Internet hooked up, we are at your service.
In France there is no Multiple Listing Service, so each real estate agency in Paris has access only to their limited portfolio of properties for sale. For example, a broker at one local agency cannot show you properties listed by another agency down the block. Co-broking is rare and unconventional. You can scroll through sites where these individual agencies market their listings, eg. www.seloger.com and www.explorimmo.com. But in the unlikely event that you manage to successfully contact an agency to inquire about a specific property, the chances that the sales agent speaks English are very low. And if the property doesn't suit your needs, they will probably only have perhaps one or two other potential listings that they will aggressively push. You'll then go back to SeLoger or Explorimmo, scroll through the properties and call another agency, and so on.
Even the big Parisian real estate brokerages that have several locations around town don't share their listings between each other.
This is where we come in:
Paris Living is a licensed full-service real-estate brokerage committed to collaborating with all Parisian agencies. By working with us, the buyer effectively gains access to all the local agency listings, as well as for-sale-by-owner, while preserving the simplicity and trust that comes with your own dedicated English-speaking property search expert. Both buyer and seller benefit from this continuity, and the purchase process remains airtight with minimized chances for miscommunication.
It's also important to note that in contrast to the professional legal standards that US brokers and salespeople are held to, the non-litigious environment in France basically allows sales agents to say whatever they need to make a sale. For example, stating that you can take down a wall without actually knowing whether or not it is a bearing wall. Or for that matter promising you that you can make any number of other structural changes without approval of the homeowner's association, etc. Issues that might be deal-breakers for you with a specific unit. If a property interests you and you want to make structural changes, we can bring in any number of English-speaking architects to verify what is possible, and we can personally contact the building management to verify which changes need approval.
At your service :
- Paris Living is a full-service real estate agency founded by an American team that insists on the highest quality of customer service.
- Our ambitious team of capable & competent bilingual sales associates works with a vast network of international clients.
- Headquartered in Paris’ chic 8th arrondissement, we work all over Paris and the suburbs of Neuilly and Vincennes.
Our exclusive property search agreement includes :
- Selecting and pre-viewing properties based on your criteria that we establish together during our initial free consultation.
- Market analysis and appraisal based on historical data, comparable sales and local insight.
- Explaining the investment potential and fiscal implications of each unit.
- Investigating the building's structural and financial condition & talking to neighbors about the general atmosphere.
- Review and translation of inspection reports, previous homeowner's meetings minutes, building bylaws and other documents pertinent to the sale.
- Assistance in opening local bank accounts and advice on transferring currency at the best available rates.
- Access to our network of English-speaking professionals for all property needs: renovation, decoration, rental management, legal & fiscal advice.
Why buyers like us :
- Total transparency. We are purely a buyer's broker so we don't have properties to unload-- we dig through all available listings to find the right one for you.
- The ease and peace of mind that comes from working with a fellow Anglophone.
- Our relationships with local French agencies: they will be frank with us about the pros and cons of their listings.
- Assistance after the sale for any rental or management needs.
- Availability evenings and weekends to accommodate the reality that most people are working full time and busy during normal business hours. Most local French agencies work only during business hours and not on the weekend.
- Our fee is between 2% to 3% of the sale price, fixed in advance depending on the complexity of the search.
- Free consultation: Contact us for a free analysis of your property acquisition project, to gage it's feasibility and explore options within your budget.
Getting in Touch
We would love to hear from you to talk about your property acquisition project, and answer any questions you might have about the process. We can send you further information on the purchase process tailored to your specific criteria.
You can get in touch with us in several ways:
- Call toll free from the US at 1 (888) 533-8334
- Reach us on our French local number +33 (0)6 77 79 11 52
- Email us at email@example.com
Contact us for a free consultation on your property purchase:
Paris Living, 91 rue du Faubourg St Honoré, Paris 8
U.S. toll-free 1 (888) 533-1884 France: +33 (0)6 77 79 11 52
Carte de Transaction no T14220 Délivrée par la Préfecture de Police Paris 15
Activité réglementée et assurée par Allianz SA, 92076 Paris La Défense Cedex